1947 H.R.G. 1500 AERODYNAMIC French historic... - Lot 24 - Aguttes

Lot 24
Go to lot
Estimation :
100000 - 130000 EUR
1947 H.R.G. 1500 AERODYNAMIC French historic... - Lot 24 - Aguttes
1947 H.R.G. 1500 AERODYNAMIC French historic registration title Chassis n°W.106 One of the 45 HRG Aerodynamic built Richly documented history Iconic British sports car Easy and powerful Singer 1500 engine Very nice presentation and working condition HRG Engineering Company, also known as HRG, was a British car manufacturer based in Tolwort, Surrey. The brand was founded in 1936 by Major Edward Halford, along with Guy Robins and Henry Ronald Godfrey, who decided to name the brand by their initials. In 1938, the company announced a 1.100 cc model with a shorter wheelbase and an OHC engine. Although the Second World War temporarily interrupted production, the directors already had the ambition to offer a more powerful and, above all, more modern car to their demanding customers. Using the chassis and engines from their 1930s range, HRG launched production of the Aerodynamic, one of the most elaborate models in their short history. 241 HRGs were produced, of which only 45 were built as the 1500 Aerodynamic version ! Today, it is estimated that only 20 of them have survived, and that many of them do not have their original bodywork anymore. The HRG W.106 presented here benefits from a perfectly documented history by Ian Dussek, historian specialist of the brand and director of the HRG club! Many invoices, photos, letters and historical documents attest to the exciting life of this car and will be included in the sale file. The W.106 chassis leaves the factory on April 10, 1947, equipped with the 1500 Singer engine. It was one of the 31 Aerodynamics produced that year. Its first owner, a M r Hartford, living in Fawley, sold it later through W.M. Couper ltd of St. Albans. It was in 1963 that it was traced back to David Cheetham. The condition of the car, painted white at the time, shows a well-lived life. It was then bought by Michael Mc Neill who undertook a restoration as close as possible to its original condition. The Aerodynamic was repainted in its original color, an English BRG green typical of the racing cars of its time. It participates in events and meetings such as the Griffith Formula for Historic Cars in 1967 under the same chassis number W.106. The car had the registration HRO 36. M r Mc Neill began a long correspondence with M r Ian Dussek and some other specialists in order to trace the history of his car, before joining the HRG Club created in 1960. He owns it from the 1960’s to the 1970’s but has to sell it with regret because... his little daughter doesn’t fit in the back. He wrote on May 9, 2014 to its owner, a university professor passionate about mechanics and aviation living not far from his home to recall his beautiful years and meet him. In the 1990s, Mr Mahany, of Roundwood Ltd. restoration in Harpenden undertook a major restoration of the W106, then red. An extensive photo file follows the steps of the restoration to its original green configuration. The current owner, a French enthusiast, bought it in 2017. An avid amateur, he drives regularly on weekends and always keeps the car in beau - tiful condition. During our test drive, we were impressed by the driving comfort of this very special car.
My orders
Sale information
Sales conditions
Return to catalogue